Depopulation of the interior of Spain, the abandonment of peoples and the destruction of the rural economy become, at last, a source of political concern. The Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP) He presented the Second National Congress of Depopulation in rural areas, to be held 23 and 23 June in Huesca.
It is intended that this appointment will serve to design a national strategy involving the whole of the Public Administration. “Congress will hope”, assures, optimistic, the statement of the FEMP, driving organization of the event.
President of the Provincial Council of Huesca, institution responsible for organizing the event, offered a first approach to the problem of depopulation the peninsular: “We can not pretend to have the people who had, with the inhabitants, but there is an equal opportunities” among people living in rural and they do in cities.
En total, The congress will have six working: 'Public Administration and territory: towards a national strategy against depopulation ', 'Cohesion and Equal Opportunities: positive discrimination and fiscal policy ', 'EU, demographic challenge and depopulation ', 'Legislative proposals ad hoc – legislation ', 'The relationship between urban and rural areas’ and 'public budgets and Depopulation. The role of local authorities in combating depopulation '. Speakers include representatives from the various levels of government, writers, professors, journalists and researchers.
Looking ahead to this quote, FEMP has presented an action strategy that involves the design of a well-defined organizational structure that integrates the actions, facilitate coordination and focus efforts. This structure would have two scales: for a State Bureau against Depopulation, which would serve to “promote measures framework” and involve the State and the autonomies; and a Regional Working Groups against Depopulation, responsible for ensuring the implementation of the measures and to implement other specific.
by area, some of the main proposals of the FEMP to combat depopulation are:
1. Design and implement a state strategy against Depopulation.
2. Extend access to European category Scarce Zones and very sparsely.
3. Recover the Sustainable Development Act.
4. Strategies to incorporate demographic budgets all levels of government
5. Equipping general government budgets to an incentive program for the implementation of economic activities.
6. Review the funding model for local entities.
7. Leadership of local authorities in managing European funds for rural areas.
8. Open a line of state funding for socio-economic actions against depopulation.
9. Grant strengthen lines when beneficiaries are residents in areas of priority population.
10. Promote incentives for public employees to establish their residence in the municipality or rural area Serving.
Economic and employment
11. Tax relief and tax and hiring subsidies and bonuses of quotas to S.S. for those who carry out their activities and have their habitual residence in areas of priority population.
12. Bonuses and income tax deductions for residents in rural areas.
13. Promote access of rural areas to RIS3 Smart Specialization Program EU.
14. Introduce more incentives and advisory services for generational change in farms.
15. Promote territorial quality seals for local production.
16. Promote the creation of public-private funds granting of guarantees and soft loans to entrepreneurial projects in rural areas.
17. Provincial plans cover design utility.
18. Enhance social services that favor staying in the usual residence, incorporating ICT.
19. Ensuring access to education 0 a 3 years old.
20. Plan reception and integration of foreign immigrants.
21. Reactivate the Law Unit.
22. Recover the funding to people in situations of dependency opting for care in the family environment.
infrastructure, communications and transport
23. Distance to map access to basic services to establish a priority plan for new infrastructure.
24. digital plan for, before 2020, all municipalities have access to broadband, at least, 30 Mbps; and, all over 1.000 people, have more connections 100 Mbps.
25. Accelerating the development of eGovernment and ICT extension.
26. Review and adapt existing models of public transport.
27. Grant lines for acquisition and rehabilitation of homes that are primary residences.
28. Promote urban regeneration plans for small municipalities.
29. Grab bags empty homes and manage housing in rural areas.
30. Rehabilitation of buildings of the public purse rural housing.
31. Plans access to housing and rehabilitation in areas with demographic priority.
32. Special aid for birth, which could take into account the characteristics of rural areas in their demographic priority.
33. Studying tax allowances for families with children living in rural areas, demographic priority areas.
34. Encourage proximity childcare.
Communicative and identity
35. Improve communication of the territorial reality of rural.
36. Enhance the dissemination of that reality and the competitive advantages of rural areas.
37. Communicatively put in value the fight against the depopulation of rural areas.
38. Promote educational activities that help spread the reality and values of rural areas.